Alexandra Teleki is an Associate Professor and SciLifeLab Fellow in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology at the Department of Pharmacy, Drug Delivery group at Uppsala University, Sweden. She received her MSc in Chemical Engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Stockholm, Sweden (2003) and her PhD in Mechanical and Process Engineering from ETH Zurich, Switzerland (2008). Then she joined the Formulation and Application R&D department at DSM Nutritional Products in Basel, Switzerland (2010-2016) before she was recruited to Uppsala University (2017) and SciLifeLab (2019). Her research has been recognized internationally by several awards including the 2020 ERC Consolidator Grant, 2016 Smoluchowski Award of the European Aerosol Association, the 2016 SABIC Young Professional Award by the Particle Technology Forum (PTF) of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and the 2008 ETH Medal for Outstanding PhD. Dr. Teleki is an Executive Editor for Powder Technology (Elsevier) and Editorial Board Member for Pharmaceutics (MDPI). She is also co-director of the Swedish Drug Delivery Center (SweDeliver, 2020-2025, director Prof. Christel Bergström), a VINNOVA-funded competence center.
- 2021, Outstanding Early Career Scientist, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- 2020, ERC Consolidator Grant
- 2019, SciLifeLab Fellow, Sweden.
- 2016, Sabic Young Professional Award, AIChE 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- 2016, Smoluchowski Award (GAeF), EAC 2016, Tours, France.
- 2014, Elsevier Top Cited Paper Award for 2011 and 2012, AIChE 2014, Atlanta, USA.
- 2009, DSM Science & Technology Awards (South), 1st Prize, Vitznau, Switzerland.
- 2008, ETH Medal for Outstanding PhD, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- 2007, Poster Award at PARTEC 2007, 2nd Prize, International Congress for Particle Technology, Nuremberg, Germany.